Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Fun......Continued

Since I still don't know how to blog, I somehow just posted half of our fun. So, here is the other half. The girls went sand mining at the Docksider. They loved it and they both got a lot of "treasures". Thank goodness, cause I did not want to have to buy another bag...they both got enough, and they were thrilled with the "treasure" that they each got. They were loving it.






So, since we left the camera in the car the first time we went to the beach, lucky for you guys, you don't get to see all the bathing suit pictures of us....even though the kids were too cute. Ethan looks sooooo handsome in his swim trunks and shirt that Aunt Lynetta gave him for his birthday....Thanks Aunt Lynetta, we finally got to put it to use, and he was oh so adorable. So on that day, the daredevils of the family...Kyleigh and Jacob...when out to play in the waves, and the weenies of the family...Marleigh and me....stayed near the edge where the water would just splash our feet. However, Marleigh did get brave one time and went a little further out, but soon got pounded by a wave, and got up looking like Cousin It! There was soooo much hair everywhere, you couldn't see her from the shoulders up. HA! I ran out and rescued her and she was pretty much done with the waves from then on. It was pretty funny. So she stayed with me and Ethan the rest of the time. This was Ethan's first time at the beach, and he loved it. His favorite part of the beach is......the sand! He loved to dig in it, play in it, run his fingers in it, pick it up and throw it and even eat it. He wanted a snack, so I was feeding him some mini marshmallows, and he was covered in sand...and when I say covered...I mean COVERED! But he has this new thing, where he wants to pick up his food and put it in his mouth all by himself. I was trying to feed him since I didn't want him eating sandy marshmallows, but he got soooo mad, and he decided that he would rather eat sandy marshmallows or none at all. So there you have it, he is stubborn just like his Daddy...hahaha! He got a little curious...he would see the waves, run to them, and then when they would come close, he would turn around and run like crazy! It was funny to watch. Everytime, I thought...this time he is going to let the water touch him, but no. He was soooo funny trying to run on the sand. He must have gotten some workout that day and of course, he fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. It was a fun day at the beach with the family!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carolina girl said...

Oh, my E-Dawg is growing up! I loved hearing about his first beach experience. How cute! I need to take my kids to the beach next time we're there.