Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finally....Some Summer Fun!!

Okay, so I have been stuck in the house all summer long with three kids. We had all been soooo excited about our trip we had planned to go to Montgomery, Alabama to see Lynetta and her family. We always visit Lynetta during the summer....we usually drive all the way to Louisiana, but since my little man, Ethan, did not like riding in the car, Lynetta and I had decided to meet halfway...which just happened to be Montgomery, Alabama. My kids were sooooo excited, as was I, to finally be getting out of the house. But, at the last minute, we had to cancel the trip because my Dad ended up in the hospital that week. So, the girls and I were devastated to say the least...but we knew that we needed to stay here and spend time with Dad. So that weekend we were all down in the dumps, thinking that we should be in Alabama having the time of our lives. So, at this point, I just need to get away...if only for a weekend...I just needed a change of scenery. Jacob is telling me to just wait a few more weeks, as we have a Myrtle Beach trip planned soon. I tried as hard as I could, but I finally told him, WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE! I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE MYRTLE BEACH TRIP....I NEED TO GO NOW! He must have gotten it. So, just when I am about to go completely crazy (which wouldn't really be that far for me) Jacob's peeps...Granddaddy and Nana...completely saved the day. They let us go for the weekend to Surf City/Topsail Beach to stay in their camper. HALLELUJAH!!! We were sooooo excited, the weekend could not get here soon enough. Of course, the girls and I were ready first thing on Friday morning and Jacob had planned to get off a little early, but of course, he was swamped that day, and we didn't get off early like we had planned. So after waiting all day for Jacob to get off work, hours of traffic jams on 40, detouring, stopping to get supper (cause we are all starving at this point), stopping in Mt. Olive to get the keys, we FINALLY get there about 9:30 at night. But, at this point, we don't care what time it is....WE'RE OUT OF THE HOUSE! AND WE ARE LOVING IT. We just rode around with the windows down, looking at the lights and scenery. Ethan was loving the wind blowing in his little bit of hair he has. At this point, all of our worries and stresses of life are gone...no bills to pay, no bedtimes, nothing but fun with the family. I LOVE it. So, after all it took to finally get there, it was ALL worth it. We had the best time.



Here are just a few pics we took of the fun stuff we did. The girls loved this shop that had the big alligator out front, so we had to get a picture.






We went to an arcade where we had a lot of fun. Kyleigh hit the jackpot on one game and got 100 tickets...She was soooo proud of herself!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Well, its about time you got back on the bandwagon. :)