Monday, September 29, 2008

Marleigh's First Day of Kindergarten

Marleigh was sooooo very excited to start school. Her teacher is Ms. Glenn and she seems really nice. Marleigh really likes her a lot. She did so good, she walked right in the classroom and sat down like a big kid. She wasn't scared a bit. What a brave little girl I have. So she was fine, I on the other hand, didn't fair as well. I came home and pouted the rest of the day and worried about everything. Will she do good? Will she like it? Will she make lots of friends? Will anyone pick on her....THEY BETTER NOT! Can she get her own lunch? Is she even tall enough to see over the counter in the lunchroom to know what her choices are for lunch? Can she open her own milk? Did I give her teacher all my numbers to reach me, just in case? Okay, so you get the point...I am NUTS!! I waited ALL day long, until it was finally time to go get her. So me and mom loaded up, sooooo excited to go get her. When I pulled up to the carpool line and saw her standing there with Kyleigh, I teared up again. She's just too little to be in school...at least to me anyway. She has been my baby for so long, it's hard to see her grow up. But, little Ethan is here to take the baby position now, so I guess I have to let it be. Thank Goodness I have him to keep me company during the day. So here she is posing for the camera on the BIG day. What a CUTIE!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at those kindergartners at my school everyday and ache to be home w/my babies! I wonder the same things.....they're ssoo little, how can they carry that lunch tray? But, don't worry, they are mature enough to do what is expected of them.

melibwig said...

Thanks for the assurance Ivy! I need it. No phone calls or letters from her teachers yet, so I guess..no news is good news, right!

Carolina girl said...

Whatever! You know that girl can take care of herself! She is sooooo beautiful! Give her hugs and kisses from us! =)